The Fell Clutch of Circumstance

A blog detailing a road trip by two brothers from Seattle to Albuquerque. There will be beer!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Road Warrior




Well I admit I'd not heard of Rubio until I'd read that post. Kind of looks like a poor man's Steve Nash. Unfortunately I think the Wolves have a track record for making incredibly bad decisions with players (see the life and times of McHale, Kevin).

The Volvo is packed up (almost), and it's pretty tight in there. I've tried to keep things so that we can actually see out the back, and I think it'll work out OK. I shipped a bunch of stuff in four fairly large boxes. I've no idea how we got all this crap out here in the first place.





I picked up a couple of bags of trail mix today, as well as a bag of Werther's. I got the real stuff, not the sugar-free crap Dad buys. I'll probably pick up some more so that we can drive to the moon if we feel like it.

One thing we have not talked about is where we plan to stop for lunch. I pretty much abhor Mickey D's and BK, but can stomach them if need be. Aside from the fact that the stuff is basically garbage (how else to explain the $1 burgers?), it has the effect of sucking all the blood out of my brain. So we need to figure out a strategy beyond day 1, when we'll stop at the Texas Steak House for a late one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home