The Fell Clutch of Circumstance

A blog detailing a road trip by two brothers from Seattle to Albuquerque. There will be beer!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One week and counting


As we head into the final week before the trip, I've burned 3 mix CD's to add to the 3 or 4 I've already got in my car, hunted around for hiking trails in the Smoky Mountains, and posted a question to travellr.com about music in Memphis. On the To-Do list: book a cab for 4:30 (!) AM Tuesday, pack, check my cell coverage, and try to cut back on my morning coffee.

Dad saying that he hopes the car doesn't break down poses an interesting conversation game - what's the worst car trouble you've ever had? It speaks to the reliability of today's cars (and mobile phones) that we're planning an 1800 mile trip and not worried much about mechanical difficulties. Knock on wood. Or knock on the blog. Just don't knock on "The Final Countdown".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home