The Fell Clutch of Circumstance

A blog detailing a road trip by two brothers from Seattle to Albuquerque. There will be beer!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh, it's ON now

You had to drag the Rickster into this, didn't you? OK, not my proudest moment as a music fan. But I know for a fact I wasn't the only one hooked on the occasional ballad. In fact, I distinctly remember the sounds of this crooner coming from your room:

But I think we can agree those guys are off limits. And I like the guideline of trying to find stuff that the other guy hasn't heard. But don't feel the need to get too clever: you'd be surprised at the utility of album tracks by major artists. I know you're big on U2 and REM, and I bet there are some album cuts on some of their bigger releases that I've never heard. I could probably come up with similar tunes on my end.

If your iPod can be played through your car stereo, then you're in charge of the Bill Simmons podcasts. No sense burning CD's of those when mp3s will work so much better.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

This is definitely interesting to read. Do you think you will be talking to (singing to?) each other by the time you reach NC???
Your mother on Mother's Day

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home